Increasing online misinformation poses a threat to our democracy. This toolkit outlines what misinformation is, why it’s so harmful, and how we can all take action to prevent its spread. In this toolkit you’ll find:
- What is misinformation?
- Why does misinformation matter?
- Preventing misinformation from being shared
- Ways of building resilience to misinformation
- What to do if you see misinformation
- What to do if you share misinformation
This is our second toolkit on misinformation and reflects best practices informed by the best available evidence. This toolkit updates the recommendations made in our original Truth Toolkit.